Today's Friday features Elizabeth Hill married on June 4th at Schusters barn! A gorgeous bride and groom! Perfect day for a wedding. I'm so glad to share her advice with you. My favorite parts of this wedding were Elizabeth's easy wedding dress, the backdrop of Schusters and that element of surprise at the reception when the UW Marching band arrived. My advice to you, don't overthink it, if it's not fun and your not in love with the idea, skip it. Spend your money on what means the most. Here's advice from Elizabeth:
1. What was your favorite memory from the wedding?- The second that I looked down the aisle and saw Doug there waiting for me was one of the best moments of my life! I loved the entire ceremony, particularly our vows. I also loved the look on Doug's face when he noticed the UW Marching band!!
2. What could you have done without?- We totally over-estimated how much alcohol we would need for our wedding. We both have a lot of friends who like to drink so we didn't really follow the typical "1 drink per adult every hour" rule. We didn't need so many barrels of beer AND so many cases of wine AND a bunch of varieties of liquor. We've been to 2 weddings since where the couples have chosen to have signature cocktails which helped them cut costs on liquor and mixers.
3. What is your best advice for planning brides?- Don't allow yourself to get too stressed out. In the long run, all that matters is that you are marrying the person you love!!
4. Looking back, what was the MOST important?- Just being able to plan a wedding that was a reflection of both of us and that we were able to share with friends and family. We were able to plan a beautiful day within our budget-- so we didn't have to stress about money too much. Yes, it meant we had to skip on some things that would have been nice, but in the end it was the best day of our lives and all of guests had a great time!
5. What did you plan/Book first? Dress, venue, Photographer ?- We booked our venue first, only because my mom took me "just to see the farm, just in case", about a week before I was even engaged. The people at Schuster's Farm (our venue) were amazing to work with, and the beauty of the farm really inspired everything else we did for the wedding, including my dress, food, and even photographer Dani (!) who we discovered through working with Schuster's.